Sunday 27 June 2010

Meeting up with Terry, George and Brian

Today I met up with Terry, George and Brian to show them my first attempt at a family history project. At this stage I don't have much to show, but I do have the skeleton of family site with a landing page and one branch of the family mostly plotted out (that of George Jackson - my great grandfather) and I have found some nice software that will run a lovely slide show.

The first story I wrote was inspired by a picture of my grandfather, Walter, (amongst others) dressed in a cancan costume which my grandmother, Nancy, told me the tale of with a nice little twist! I showed George and Terry (Brian had not yet arrived) this first story, and this inspired further cancan tales. We all laughed as I told them that looking through some photos at Nancy's I'd found a picture of my Uncle, Dudley (Nancy and Walter's son) modelling his dad's cancan costume the morning after.

George had brought his old photographs and he had also borrowed some photos from Christine. George and Terry showed me lots of the photos that had been taken at Ivy Cottage, my great-grandparents home for many years. Among these George found one of my great-grandfather, Walter's father, Edgar Robshaw. And guess what he was wearing a cancan costume, of course!


No comments:

Post a Comment